About Nancy Siever
I am Nancy Siever, MA, LPC, RPT. What do all those abbreviations mean? MA refers to a Master’s Degree, LPC means I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, and RPT means I am a Registered Play Therapist.
My undergraduate degree is a Bachelor of Science degree (High Distinction) from Colorado State University at Fort Collins, Colorado in Human Development and Family Studies. Following undergraduate work I earned a Master of Arts graduate degree in Counseling and Human Services from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado. Registered Play Therapists are so designated by the national Association for Play Therapy for completing additional course work or CEU credits as well as clinical supervision by a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor.
I created and directed a TrinityCare Hospice Community Center, The Gathering Place, Redondo Beach, California. During that five year period of time, my love for working with children, adolescents, and families became a personal passion. One thing that most families have in common ~ they deeply want relationship with one another. Most of us long for our loved ones to “get it” to know what I mean when I share something that is meaningful. As a part of the team that opened TrinityKids Care, a pediatric hospice, in Torrance, California I learned to facilitate the deepest needs an individual, child, or adolescent can share with another.
I Specialize in:
- Assisting Children as they build healthy relationships with their parents, siblings, friends, and schools.
- Assisting adolescents develop a healthy identity, respect for family, self and friends.
- Assisting families creating a home that is a haven for everyone.
I am a compassionate listener who can assist you in determining what goals are important, immediately and ultimately.
Advanced Professional Education
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing ~ EMDR ~ certification for working with Adults, adolescents and children
- Effective and adaptive parenting styles
- Trauma ~ neurological impact on executive functioning and impulsiveness
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Grief and Loss
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- American Counselors Association
- Association for Play Therapy
- Colorado Association for Play Therapy ~ Secretary
- National Board for Certified Counselors
Secretary ~ Colorado Association for Play Therapy ~ 2010 through 2013.
Woodmen Valley Chapel ~ Infusion Teen group ~ developing leadership skills
Bible Study Fellowship ~ 25 years